Before My Surgery
To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. You may fax your registration form to 704-338-1651, attention Pre-Registration Department.
A Health History Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process.
If you have not received a call by the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 704-887-3569 or 704-377-1647 between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
If you are arriving BEFORE noon:
Do not eat food or dairy products after midnight the night before your surgery. You may have clear, non-alcoholic liquids up to two (2) hours before your arrival at the surgery center.
If you are arriving AFTER noon:
Do not eat food or dairy products after midnight the night before your surgery. You may have unlimited clear, non-alcoholic liquids up to two (2) hours before your arrival time at the surgery center.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery. This includes wedding rings.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
< Return to Top >
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot speak English or uses sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 704-338-1651 as soon as possible.
< Return to Top >